1. Name and contact information of the person responsible for processing and of the company data protection officer
The appointment of a data protection officer is not necessary according to § 38 BDSG-neu.
The data protection officer of BTR GmbH can be reached at email@example.com or
+49 (0) 8271 81192-0
2. Collection and storage of personal data and nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When our website www.btr-hamburg.de is opened information is automatically sent to our website's server by the browser used on your device. This information is saved temporarily in a log file. Without any action on your part the following information is collected and saved until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Each amount of data transmitted
- Website where the request originated
- Type of browser as well as version
- Operating system and its graphical interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- Name of the web page opened
- Message of successful opening
The data specified is processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure that the connection to the website is established smoothly
- To make the use of our website as convenient as possible
- To evaluate system security and stability, and
- For other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (f) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interests are based on the reasons for collecting data listed above. The data collected is never used by us for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR, we will use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an email address. You can unsubscribe at any time, for example using the link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your request to unsubscribe at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
c) When using our contact form
If you have questions of any kind, we provide you with an opportunity to contact us using a form available on the website. If you write to us using the contact form, we will process the data you provide there for making contact and answering your questions and requests. In so doing, we will respect the principle of data economy and data avoidance, by ensuring that you only have to enter data that we need to contact you and process your inquiry. Furthermore, your IP address will be processed for unavoidable technical and legal reasons and for legal protection. If you contact us by email, we will only process the personal data included in your email for the purpose of dealing with your inquiry. When making contact with us the data is processed based on your freely given consent in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR.
The personal data collected by us when the contact form is used will be automatically deleted once the enquiry you sent us is settled.
3. Disclosure of data
None of your personal data is transferred to third parties for any reasons other than those listed as follows.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have granted your express consent for this in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR,
- Passing it on is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an outweighing, legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- A case exists where there is a legal obligation for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (c) GDPR, or
- It is legally permissible and is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (b) GDPR to process the contractual relationship with you.
4. Unsolicited job applications
Please feel free to send us unsolicited applications. Please make sure that the method you choose to send it to us is sufficiently secure. It is not recommended to send an email without suitable encryption, because on its way to us your data could also be read and used without very much difficulty by unauthorised persons. If you would like to send us an encrypted email with application documents, please only use the email address email@example.com.
Information is stored in the cookie, the form of which results in part from the specific device used. But this doesn't mean that it allows us to directly determine your identity.
One of the reasons for using cookies is to design our website content to be more enjoyable for you. We use session cookies to detect that you have already visited individual pages of our website. After you leave our page they are automatically deleted.
Also to optimise user-friendliness we use temporary cookies which are saved on your device for a certain, predetermined time. If you visit our website again to make use of our services, it is automatically detected that you already visited us and which input you made or settings you changed, so you don't have to enter them again.
For the purposes specified the data processed by cookies is necessary for safeguarding our legitimate interests and those of third parties, in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to not save any cookies on your computer at all or to cause a message to appear each time before a new cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies, however, can lead to a situation where you cannot use all of our website's functionality.
6. Analysis tools
The tracking measures we use which are listed as follows are applied in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR. The tracking measures we use are for the purpose of ensuring that the design of our website is oriented to needs and can be optimised on an ongoing basis. We also make use of the tracking measures to gather statistics on the use of our website, and to analyse these to optimise the website. These interests are to be viewed as legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned regulation.
For information on the respective reasons for data processing and the data categories please consult the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
To ensure a needs-oriented design and the ability to optimise our web pages on an ongoing basis our web pages use Google Analytics, a Web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this respect pseudo-anonymous use profiles are created and cookies (see under No. 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website, such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the page visited prior to this one),
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in USA and saved there. The information is used to analyse the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for purposes of market research and for needs-oriented design of these Internet pages. If legally stipulated or should third parties process this data by order, this information may also be transmitted to third parties in some cases. In no case will your IP address be merged with other data of Google. The IP addresses are made completely anonymous, so no allocation is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of the cookies by changing certain settings in your browser; however we point out that in this case you may not be able to use in full all of the functions this website offers.
More information about privacy protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help
b) Google Ads
To gather statistics on the use of our website and to analyse it for the purpose of optimising our website we also make use of Google Ads. Here, Google Ads sets a cookie (see No. 5) on your computer, provided you found your way to our website via a Google ad and have given your consent.
If the cookie has not yet expired and the user visits certain pages of the website of the Ads customer, Google and the customer will know that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page.
If you don't want to participate in the tracking method you can also refuse the cookie necessary for this, for example by adjusting a setting in the browser, which generally prevents cookies from being automatically set. You can also deactivate conversion-tracking cookies by changing the settings in your browser to block cookies. You can find help for this here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en.
c) Google reCAPTCHA
To check whether an entry has been made by a human or improperly by automated, machine processing, this website uses Google Invisible reCAPTCHA. The process serves to ward off automated harmful access and directly ensures the integrity and functioning of our systems. This is where our justified interest lies, on the legal basis of Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. During this verification, cookies may be created and the following user data recorded: place and time of access, user’s IP address. Usually, Google has more data from the user at the same time because of the many background services on other websites that Google offers for installation. Google’s privacy regulations apply to the listed analysis tools: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
7. Tools and Plugins
a) Google Web Fonts
8. Social media plugins
Based on Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR we make use of social plugins of social networks, to make our company more widely known this way. The commercial purpose behind this is to be viewed as legitimate interest in the sense of the GDPR. Responsibility for operation in conformance with privacy protection rules must be ensured by their providers. We integrate these plugins using the so-called two-click method, to provide the best possible protection for visitors to our website.
Social media plugins from Facebook are used on our website to make their use more personalised. Here we use the "LIKE" button. This is a feature offered by Facebook.
If you open a page of our website which contains such a plugin your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of Facebook. The content of the plugin is transmitted from Facebook directly to your browser and integrated in the website.
Through the integration of the plugin Facebook receives the information that your browser opened the relevant page of our website, even if you don't have a Facebook account or you are not currently signed in at Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a server of Facebook in USA, and saved there.
If you are signed in at Facebook, Facebook can allocate the visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, such as by clicking the "LIKE" button, the corresponding information will likewise be transmitted directly to a server of Facebook and saved there. The information will also be published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for purposes of advertising, market research and needs-oriented design of the Facebook pages. To this end Facebook creates use, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to analyse your use of our website with respect to the advertisements displayed for you in Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to render further services connected to the use of Facebook.
If you don't want Facebook to allocate any data gathered through our website to your Facebook account, you must sign out of Facebook before you visit our website.
To learn about the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Facebook as well as your rights and settings options in this regard for protecting your privacy, please refer to the privacy protection information at Facebook (https://en-gb.facebook.com/policy.php).
Integrated on our Internet pages are plugins of the short message network, Twitter Inc. (Twitter). The Twitter plugins (tweet button) can be recognised by the Twitter logo on our page.
If you open a page of our website which contains such a plugin a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. This way Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter "tweet button" while you are signed in on your Twitter account you can link the content of our pages to your Twitter profile. This way Twitter can allocate the visit to our site to your user account. We point out that we, as provider of the pages/site, receive no information about the content of the transmitted data nor its use by Twitter.
Please sign out of your Twitter user account if you don't want Twitter to be able to allocate your visit to our pages.
Our website uses functionality of the LinkedIn network. The provider is the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Every time one of our pages containing functions from LinkedIn is opened a connection is established to the servers of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is informed that you visited our Internet pages with your IP address. If you are signed in at your LinkedIn account and you click the LinkedIn "Recommend button", it is possible for LinkedIn to allocate your visit to our Internet site to you and your user account. We point out that we, as provider of the pages/site, have no information about the content of the transmitted data nor its use by LinkedIn.
Our website uses functionality of the XING network. The provider is XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany. Every time one of our pages containing functions from XING is opened a connection is established to the servers of XING. To our knowledge no personal data is saved in the process.
In particular no IP addresses are saved and no user behaviour is analysed.
9. The rights of affected parties
You have the right:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information on personal data of yours which we are processing. In particular you can request information on the reasons for processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed, the length of time it is planned to be stored, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of the processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of the data in case it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automatic decision-making process including profiling, and if applicable meaningful information on their details;
- In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to request prompt correction of incorrect personal data saved by us or addition of any information lacking;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR to request the deletion of personal data of yours saved by us, provided the processing is not required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to satisfy a legal obligation, for reasons related to the public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to request limitations on the processing of your personal data, provided the correctness of the information is disputed by you, the processing is wrongful but you refuse its deletion and we do not need the information anymore but you need it for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or, in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you have raised an objection against its processing;
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format or to request it be transmitted to another responsible party;
- In accordance with Art. 7 Par. 3 GDPR to revoke your once-granted consent vis-a-vis us at any time. The consequence of this will be that in future we will not be permitted to continue processing information being processed based on this consent, and
- In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint at a regulatory authority. For this you can ordinarily contact the regulatory authority of your regular abode or workplace or the location of our company headquarters.
10. Right of objection
Provided your personal data is being processed based on a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 Par. 1 P. 1 (f) GDPR, you have a right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to enter an objection against the processing of your personal data, provided reasons for this exist which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without the need to indicate any special circumstances.
If you want to avail yourself of your right of revocation or objection, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
11. Information security
In the framework of the visit to the website we use the prevalent SSL method (secure socket layer) combined with the highest respective level of encryption supported by your browser. Ordinarily this is 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, if technically possible in terms of security we fall back on 128 bit SSLv3 technology instead. Whether an individual page of our website is transmitted encrypted or not can be recognised by the closed version of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Otherwise, we make use of qualified technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against random or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, or destruction, or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are improved on an ongoing basis in line with technological developments.